Wednesday, June 17, 2009

it is a car wash!

The almost last fundraiser for the 2009 Livestrong Challenge season. July 11, 11-3 at Haverty's Valley View. I have put a flyer up on the blog for that fundraiser, along with the fundraiser this weekend and also have posted an image of the bib that I will wear the day of the ride. I chose to ride in honor of my family members that are still living with cancer or have survived cancer. I just do not have enough real estate on my body to ride for everyone who has touched my life and lived with cancer or have been taken by cancer.

The 45 mile ride is just shy of 60 days away. Minus a small problem with my collar bone popping out, I am ready to go! The collar bone is being treated by my chiropractor and acupuncturist and I plan to be 100% next week. :0) I can still ride, but uncomfortable pretty much the rest of the time.

This is one of those times where I have had to be reminded why I am riding and to keep pushing myself through, but to remember not to push to hard. Crazy balancing act.

I keep hearing people say I am to old or I'm this or I'm that... I don't believe in that. You're never to old or whatever. You just may not be able to do what you once did, but you can get out there and start. Don't sell yourself short, because of a social image you have. I've read about a gentleman for his 65th birthday decided to run the Chicago marathon, he has since inspired his daughter and helped train many others. Or the 80 year old who competes in marathons. Or how about the gentleman that pushes his son in a wheel chair through marthons and triathlons???

One thing I have learned through all of this, is that we put our own limitations on ourself. Yea, I have a few more curves at 36 than I had at 16, I recover a little more slow, but I'm still getting out there and trying. That is all you have to do is try, just see what you can do. If you make it down your drive way, WAY TO GO! If you make it past that, you're doing remarkable. Just do it!

If you want someone to ride with, then let me know, I love to ride and can ride almost any speed. Hey before you know it, you'll be doing things you never thought possible. I know I have.

Keep on turning,
-Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment