Thursday, April 23, 2009

hope

"What other choice is there but to hope? We have two options give up or fight like hell."
~Lance Armstrong

We cry, we pray, we plead and we cry some more, but we never give up. Hope is a powerful word and an even more powerful existence, because in hope we can achieve more than most seem possible.
Here is some of what I hope for:
I hope that each of you will never know what it is like to hear the diagnosis of cancer.
I hope that each of you will never have to decide what course of treatment is best for you.
I hope that your children never have to understand why their hair falls out.
I hope that your friends all remain healthy and cancer free.
I hope that you never have to know the sadness of a family member with cancer
I hope that cancer will cease to exist!

Please join me in this Livestrong Challenge ride! There are so many ways that we can strengthen the hope that is within all of us and all around us. Hope is alive and we have what it takes to make it stronger. There are so many ways you can be a part, if you cannot donate online (http://philly09.livestrong.org/rhondachattin), join us at the bake sale this Saturday in front of Seeds of Light (downtown 10-2), volunteer at one of the rides, walks or runs (www.livestrongchallenge.org) or where ever you find where you are most comfortable. Please, don't lose hope!

We're doing it! I look forward to seeing you out there with hope abounding!
Peace and hope,
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment