Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What next?

Ok. So I am still riding high on yesterday!!! WOW-WOW-WOW!!!! And ouch-ouch-ouch-ouch I'm still pretty sore.

So I finished the 45 mile Livestrong Challenge Ride and I bet you think I'm gonna stop. Well as the song goes, "ain't stop'n me now...." and well here is why.

In 2010, 10 million people will die of can EACH year. Not to mention that when I started this journey I was 246 pounds and my eating had fallen out of control and I had stopped excercising. Why? Because I was upset, someone I love was going to have to have to face life with cancer. Cancer can be unforgiving and there are a lot of inpredictable variables. Back to me, so I fugured I had to have a goal to get me going. It worked, though my weight is not a lot lower, my body has shrunk and I am doing some pretty great things.

In Dublin, Ireland right now the Lance Armstrong Foundation is hosting a global cancer summit. There Dr Wild stated that obesity, environment, STDs and tobacco atributed to 1/3 of all cancers. So I want to help you change those odds!

Friends Agaisnt Cancer Team - FACT!(more on this in the near future) We can be from anywhere, but plan to meet up and participate in a Livestrong Challenge annually. More on the team later, but I want you to know, the healthier your body the better your odds at making it through the cancer treatments. So this way, you are not alone even if virtually. You'll hear about my struggles through training later this week.

I will not toss The Lance Armstrong Foundation to the side, but I am going to continue to fight cancer, in as many ways possible. The next events that I am training for, to fight cancer are as follows.

March 27, 2010
Charleston, SC
The Cooper River Bridge Run
http://www.bridgerun.com/event.php
Yes folks I'm gonna be walking with a little running (more on that later), don't think I'm hanging up the bike.
There is an online registrations and here is the registration form:
http://www.bridgerun.com/uploads/2010Application.pdf
I will be registering and selecting the Susan G. Komen Foundation. You'll be learning more about that in months to come. It is a great foundation.

Susan G Komen Race For The Cure
April 10, 2010
http://www.komenroanoke.org/main/index.php?m=1&p=18
Learn more!

Philly 2010
I had planned to do 100 miles, but after yesterday I am reevaluating that. I ran into a guy at the top of a climb, cause we stopped to rest that explained the toughness. He had participated in every Philly Livestrong Challenge and this was the toughest. Why? Because Lance Armstrong was there last year (2008) and felt the course was not challenging enough, so they added more climbing. Trust me, Livestrong Challenge is the right name. Do not get me wrong thje volunteers are all wonderful and everyone makes you feel absolutely amazing through every step!!! My whole experience through the Livestrong Challenge is one of my proudest moments in my life!

If you so choose to hope with on with FACT, we can do different events, you can run or walk the 5K or bike 20, 45, 70 or 100. Registration is low and you only have to raise $250 and they give you a website to assist you.

So, yes "More Than a Ride" will continue onward, because we are against cancer.

Changing the world one revolution at a time!
-Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment