Tuesday, August 18, 2009

3 sleeps

In three sleeps we will be packing up and heading out for Philly! I did not think that we would ever get to this day, it seemed so far away, yet so close.

When I started out the most I had traveled on my mountain bike was 15 miles, 18 if I am lucky. Traveling 12 miles was a long ride. Now 12 miles is a keep my muscles warm ride. It is amazing how far I have come in such a short amount of time. One thing I do not feel that we have come far enough about is the fight against cancer.

1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime

I am sorry those are not good odds! I am about to ride 45 miles and plan to keep on riding, this has become my fight too, while so many people learn to live with a disease that knows no barriers. Cancer has taken many people I love and have put many people I love through a living hell. Many people you love may have the same battle and struggles. May you LIVESTRONG, through those days.

So we can find out ways to make these battles easier, find ways to cure and find ways to end the devastating diagnosis of "you've got cancer." and together we will. One thing I ask you to do is to make an appointment to get regular exams by your family physician, eat healthy foods, exercise and to donate today; http://philly09.livestrong.org/rhondachattin.

I'm not giving up! Are you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ZWbQ5-wrA&feature=related

Riding to a cure!
-Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment