Friday, August 7, 2009

almost two weeks

We are just over two weeks away until the Philly Livestrong Challenge 2009!!! This has been an amazing past few months!!! I really cannot say it enough!!! Thank you to each of you for all that you have done!

A couple of things, this blog will continue after the 2009 ride, because the fight against cancer is not going to stop! Two I am contemplating organizing a Livestrong Challenge Team for next year. How about it, "Star City Cyclists"? Who is gonna join?

You know, I had a thought cross my mind today when an ambulance went screaming up the road. I pulled over to the side of the road, moving out of the way. I looked at the a lot of other cars, just sitting on the road and not moving to the right as we are instructed in drivers ed, although there was room to move. It made me think, that if their loved one was in that ambulance; would they not be frustrated that the cars were in the way, limited the speed at which they can get to the hospital? We often do not think of how our actions affect other people when we are in a hurry. It is interesting once the shoe is on the other foot how we look at things in a different light. Things are all relative, but one thing I have noticed that has proven consistant and that is cancer AFFECTS and EFFECTS EVERYONE!!!

So please, make a donation today http://philly09.livestrong.org/rhondachattin! Any amount helps, it adds up and makes a difference.

Make a difference!
-Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment