Sunday, May 3, 2009

donating

I know you're possably tired and exhausted about people asking for donations for this important cause or that important cause. I'm not here to tell you what to do although I am going to ask for money. Though this money goes to my 45 mile Livestrong challenge bike ride goal, it goes to so much more. It goes to The Lance Armstrong Foundation, where they have lobbyist going to capital hill working toward friendly cancer fight drugs, it goes to prevention, awareness and support of the people living with cancer. Visit www.livestrong.org to see why I feel I picked the right organization to help in this fight against cancer.

If you've never experienced it, cancer even as friend or family member is a terrble disease!!! For survivors and those living with cancer, it is often life changing. It strikes people at any age, from 3 months, 8, 14, 26, 39,42, 55, 66 and so on. For example, while at the bake sale (4/25/2009) a woman came by whose best friends 14 year old son was just diagnosed with cancer. The Mother is terrified and felt lost and a friend wanted to do what they could to help. She had just bought a wristband for her friend, then I donated $1 and gave the friend a youth sized for the 14 year old, I cannot remember what I said as words of encouragement. I couldn't remember, because as I spoke I started thinking about when 14 and how it would be so tough to be looking at fighting for my life, just when I was starting to live. Cause when you're 14, you have that independence growing, you're stating to think more on your own and your dreams are starting to form. Then I swallowed hard and continued to listen. I say a prayer for each of them daily and hope they are all learning how to LIVESTRONG.

Please donate, any amount counts!!! You can donate $1 and I'll give you a keen yellow LIVESTRONG wristband. It all adds up to make a difference. Cancer is the second leading cause of death and as Lance Armstrong stated at the LIVESTRONG Presidential Cancer Forum,"Unless we act on a global level, cancer will be the leading cause of death by 2010. Our goal is to be a catalyst that brings everyone together to fight cancer --- from survivors, like me, to world leaders and policymakers who must commit completely to the effort to avoid a public health catastrophe."

Like I said I am going to ask for a donation:
If you would like a yellow LIVESTRONG wristband (all money from wristband sales goes to LAF) or
if you would rather send a check, email me at rhonda@holisticenergyworks.com or call 540-998-9087.

http://philly09.livestrong.org/rhondachattin

With love and dreams of a cancer free future for all of us,
-Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment