Monday, March 30, 2009

to stay on wheels

Ok, so the rain has kept us off our bikes since last week. Though we did enjoy a walk to the gym and lift weights. Week two of the new weight training, so we did 8-12 reps with 3 sets. So the weights got a little lighter, but still noticeable soreness. :0) This program seems to be working, I'm really noticing a difference in my arms and back strength.

One of the things that the Livestrong Ride is doing, is keeping me moving. For example, I am walking to work, we walked to the gym, and we are scoping out locations to hook up our bikes when we ride to the movies, dinner, etc.

SO, here is something fun to add to my training:
http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bikemonth/
So in the month of May I am going to try and ride my bike as much as possible or walk if it is raining, cause well my bikes are not equiped for the wet weather. Specifically Bike To Work Week is May 11-15, 2009. Hope we can wave at each other on the way. There is also a great new magazine put out by the people who bring you Dirt Rag Magazine, called Bicyle Times. Bicycle Times is a quarterly magazine that gives you great tips on commuting, involvig gear and ways to create a safe route. In addition to the magazine there are great sites out there to assist you in your commuting needs.

Even in Roanoke, there is a party, where they ask you to arrive in anything but a car.
April 14, 6-8 - CarlessBrits Carless Roanoke Party At the main Library

Peace and joy,
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment