Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October!

Happy October! as posted at www.morethanaride.com, do not forget to join the new blog site so you can keep getting updates. Let me know if are having trouble.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
~ Henry Ford

It is October and Breast cancer Awareness month and tomorrow is LIVESTRONG Day so be sure to wear your yellow LIVESTRONG wristband or other gear. If you do not have a wristband, let me know, I still have some and all the money goes to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. You can also get shirts, shorts, shoes and other LIVESTRONG Gear at Dick’s Sporting goods or through their website www.livestrong.org, though it may not reach you in time for tomorrow.

With October comes cold weather and boy I should have put on some running tights or something more than shorts. It was chilly and my legs are still chilly, I must have forgotten it was fall. It might have been the extreme cold after my first .75 miles on the return trip, when I decided to see if I could run for half a mile solid without stopping. I kept my watch timer counting down to two and a half minutes, just in case. It beeped and I reset it. About that time I was running up toward Walter and told him with as much excitement as I could muster that I had just ran for five minutes and was shooting for half a mile. It was not much faster than my walk, but I had the “running bounce” happening, the rest will fall into place. I ran for a whole half a mile (actually close to .6 tenths of a mile) without stopping!!! I was giddy with excitement!!!

I am just amazed at how well I have done! It is tough; some days are easier than others, some days you feel like you are really doing great and others you feel like your legs are of cement. The thing on those tough days that I try to remember is that I cannot compare myself to the gals that just left me in the dust. What I do have to remember is that I am out and moving my body and doing more today than I had done yesterday. It is about doing it!

LIVESTRONG!
-Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment