Wednesday, July 22, 2009

ending cancer

The Livestrong Challenge ride is on August, Saturday will mark the 30 day point. I am excited. I would really like to have a Livestrong Challenge weekend here in Roanoke, VA. It is a big deal! Cancer is a big deal to me, it has greatly impacted my life on many levels.

I hope that you do not wait until you have a loved one in your life fighting cancer to make changes in your own life or to donate or begin the ending of cancer. To me ending cancer is important, make that VERY important. It is horrible and I hope that you are never to experience such a horrible disease directly in your life or even close to it. I am doing everything I can to end cancer in and surrounding my life. I do not want any more of my loved ones deciding what to do with their life, now that they have a cancer diagnosis.

If you do not want to support The Lance Armstrong Foundation(http://philly09.livestrong.org/rhondachattin) then look for other organizations who are working to end the affects and effects cancer has on our lives as a whole. Keep reading on another organization.

Every 13 minutes a woman dies of breast cancer and 1 in 8 of all women will get cancer in their life time. Those odds, are not ones I want to waiger my life on.

Learn More about your risks!


You can learn more about genetic testing and your hereditary risks to breast and ovarian cancer on Thursday, August 6, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. at Women's Health University, yes guys you can attend, but you seem to be out numbered so that you know ahead of time. Cause guys you are at risk too for breast cancer! It is brought to you by Carilion Clinic (www.carilionclinic.org), with speaker Kara Bui, M.S., CGC, the cost is only $15 and they feed you. Call Carilion Direct to register or for more information, 540-266-6000 or 1800-422-8482.


THEN YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR A Susan G. Komen For The Cure race April 10, 2010. You have plenty of time to get in shape and be able to participate. Get a pink team together and train together! Here is a link for more informaion http://www.komenroanoke.org/main/index.php?m=1&p=18 Yes I have already contacted them, so I will be there and look forward to seeing you, however you choose to participate. Please take time to make a difference and end cancer in all our lives!

WE HAVE THE POWER!
-Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment